My Writings

Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'M A KID AGAIN

Or at least it felt that way for an hour today.
I watch my friends daughter for her when she works... and today something happened. She broke a cord on my aunts exercise bike. No biggie the bike still works i can still ride it and work out... The cord that Erika broke went to the thing that tells you how far you've peddled and how many cals burned etc... but my aunt lost that... and if you know my aunt... she'll never find it so no harm done in the cord being broken.
Erika felt so bad though and it took her a lot of courage to come up and tell me that she broke the bike. When she told me I looked at it and kept looking and looking and couldn't tell what she had broken on it. I asked her what she had broke and she showed me. I asked her to tell me how it broke and she reassured it me was an accident. So I didn't punish her with time out or take away the TV or ground her from friends... accidents happen. So I get in the shower and get ready for the day then i come back out and Erika is laying on the couch, and it looked as though she had been crying. She goes "Britni, my heart is broken." That just broke my heart to hear her say that. She told me she felt so bad about breaking the bike. So I went and sat by her on the couch and told her it's ok she's not in any trouble, in fact I'm so proud that she had the courage to come forward and tell me the truth instead of hide and lie. So i took Erika out to lunch to praise her for her honesty and courage. That's hard for anyone to do esp. a little child.
After lunch we went to the park...
This is where i felt so much like a kid again.
Erika, Sierra, and I went on the swings... went down the slides... and had so much fun.
Some of the slides are meant for toddlers/children... Not adults well i put that adult self conscious part of me aside and went down those slides to show Sierra that they are fun that there is no need to be scared of a slide. It was so much fun. Stuff I have not done since middle school/elementary ...
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment