My Writings

Saturday, June 26, 2010

EASTER WEEKEND

April 4th was Easter, and this weekend was also conference. I am a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) The talks given during conference were really amazing. I can tell the speakers were inspired, they spoke about things that I was in need of hearing.
Elder Russel M. Nelson spoke about Family History. While listening to his talk I came up with an idea, I'd like to find my ancestors, their pictures, and a short story about them and put it in a scrap book. For me, I have a hard time realizing someone really existed unless I see and hear a story about them. I also believe this will make Family History Work more enjoyable.
Elder James B Martino opened his talk about baseball. A boy went out one spring day to practice his baseball skills so he could achieve his dreams of becoming a famous baseball player. He threw the ball up in the air and swung the bat and missed the ball, he attempted this three times, and missed all three times. The boy cried until he realized he needed a pitcher. Elder Martino spoke about trials and how our attitudes about the trials can lead us down either a good or bad path. We need to look for the good that comes from our trials. We need to learn to humble ourselves during our trials and turn to God. 5 things we can learn from the savior to help us during our times of struggle and trials are 1. He sought not to do his will but only the will of his Father. Sometimes we pass through pain and sorrow that we might grow and be prepared for potential trials in the future. Our mothers put us through pain... they take us to docs to get our shots so we can be healthier. 2. We must learn to not complain or murmur. We must always attempt to correct the problem and overcome the trial. Ask what am I to do? what can I learn form this, and what am I to change? 3. Seek greater help from god, pray during our times of trials. With help we get help and it can become an easier path. 4. Service... Serve during times of trials. Repent. 5. Forgive others and do not seek for revenge don't blame others for your situation. Christ said "Forgive them, for they know what not they do"
There were many more wonderful talks. One thing that happened this weekend that was not mentioned in conference just something I noticed myself. It had snowed, cold enough to wear a coat. Blossoms were on our tree... Yet our trees didn't give up, they dealt with the cold of the snow and they're still blooming. The snow will make our trees stronger it was there trial this spring. Let's not let our trials drag us down lets learn to rise above them.

No comments:

Post a Comment