My Writings

Friday, August 5, 2011

I need to be more organized

I have a day planner, but I've miss placed it.  haha that's not doing much good.
I feel I need to plan my days better... babysit from this time-that time then counseling on this day from this time-that time then job searching from this time-that time then workout from this time-I'm done with the workout. Then any other activities from this time-that time. Oh and Cleaning/Laundry from this time-until I'm finished, it's so bad right now, I have no clean clothes so I'm wearing a dress today... everyone is asking me why I'm dressed... um no clean clothes. 
I've been having a miserable week. crying over pointless things, and having a lot of anxiety, more than usual... way more than usual. Thank goodness for Clanzepam works wonders. 
I forgot to go to OA last night.  that partly why I need a day planner so I remember what I have planned.
So I have a goal to do a "Beach Bum Triathlon"  it's jog a 5K ride bike 6miles then swim 33 laps... then I'll work up to a "Sprint".  I need to loose this weight so I can fit in my clothing.
__________________________________________________________
Triathlons Distances
Beach Bum
Swim – 500m (.5K) = 547 yards = 22 lengths = 11 laps
Bike - 9.6K = 6 Miles
Run – 5k = 3.1Miles

SPRINTS
Swim – 750m (.75K) = 820.5 yards = 33 lengths = 17 laps
Bike – 20km = 12.4 Miles
Run – 5K = 3.1 Miles

Intermediate (or Standard) distance, commonly referred to as "Olympic Distance"
Swim – 1.5k = 1641 yards = 66 lengths = 33 laps
Bike = 40 km = 24.8 Miles
Run – 10K = 6.2 Miles

Long Course aka Half Ironman
Swim – 1.9K = 2078.6 yards = 84 lengths = 42 laps
Bike – 90K =55.8 Miles
Run – 21.1 K = 13 Miles

Ultra Distance is the Ironman Triathlon
Swim - 3.8 km = 4157.2 yards = 166 lengths = 83 laps
Bike – 180 K = 111.6 Miles
Run – 42.2K = 26 Miles
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLIES
 
dayofmine said...
Is there a way that you could bring someone along to the OA meeting? Do they allow that? I avoid religious-based support groups exactly for that reason. I find they they focus on things that really don't have anything to do with my problem(s). Let us know how it goes! - I talked to my dad the next day and he confirmed that since it said it's an "OPEN" that anyone can go that they don't need to call in ahead. So I'm gonna try to find a friend to come with me on Thursday.  I'll report back on how I handled it.  
♥ Britni Marie

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! The beach bum triathalon sounds fun - but intense. I have always wanted to do something like that but my endurance sucks... working on it though.

    In response to your question about my post... The best book I would recommend (and it's one that I got in treatment, and the two treatment centers that I went to BOTH used this book in their treatment plans is called Inutitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. My copy is worn out, highlighted, written in, underlined... lol. But that book has been a HUGE help for me in working on my "disordered" eating habits. And it's not a book just for people with ana or mia. It talks about emotional eating, hunger and fullness, making peace with food, healthy exercise, ect.

    AND - the important part is that it's NOT a diet book. It's different, it's real, it's not a fad - it WORKS. And if treatment centers are using it, then you know it should be legit.

    It took me a while to get the hang of it, and I still work on it daily. I have my regular book, and then I have a pocket size edition that I sometimes take with me and keep in my purse... just in case. But I would love to talk with you more if you want support or have questions.

    Gotta go! TTYL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a busy person! Good luck finding your planner :)

    ReplyDelete