My Writings

Monday, March 14, 2011

what's the best way to prevent a binge from happening?

I feel as though when I start to eat that's all I do the rest of the day EAT EAT EAT... So I've tried fasting to keep me from binging but that ends up in a binge.  So now I'm thinking I need to find something to help me avoid binging.
I posted on facebook that I need advice on how to avoid binging and they said
Food journal deff!!
Planning in advance. I usually wake up knowing I am going to binge, so I plan to restrict that day to about 600-700cals, instead of fasting or restricting to the lowest cals. I find that if I know I'm going to binge and I fast or restrict to 300 calories, it spurs on the binge more.
I eat something small every few hours so I won't binge
What are some things that help you so you don't binge? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to figure that out too!

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO far today so good. I've had two bowls of oatmeal and lots of fluid. I'm feeling fine. I'm thinking I'll do a food Journal, but I'm not gonna count calories at the moment. I'll start counting calories once I got my binging under control

    ReplyDelete