My Writings

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Too much pressure...

  feel my dad is too critical. it's so aggravating. he tells me I need to get a job. I don't tell him things like I've not been feeling stable so i don't feel I could hold down a job. and that when that time of month comes I get sever cramps get physically sick and I believe that with those two things I wouldn't be able to give 100% at any job. So I want to be stable and I want a solution for my cramps so when i do get a job I can give 100%. he tells me well I don't believe in pharmaceuticals you just need to be raw vegan and juice everything and that'll solve all your problems. (dad you're 230lbs what makes you think you know that is the answer... once you're healthy physically and emotionally and you're raw vegan and juice everything then I'll be more than happy to believe that the type of food has everything to do with how you feel) I hate it. my dad asked me where I'd be in a year from now... I told him dead (I said that without even thinking) I hate this I hate feeling so damn miserable. I'm so tired lately. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm working with Voc Rehab (a place that is helping look for a job and helping with making sure I'm stable enough to hold down a job) and my dad is telling to just go on ahead without voc rehab. I have a "plan" with voc rehab and I need to get a job to what's written in my "plan" yet my dad doesn't want to hear that... I have to get a job doing something even if its not in my plan. GOSH I'm so frustrated.
Last year I got tested for Aspergers  and it came back negative but the thing the people said to my parents was for them to not pressure me to get a job that it would be my counselors job to do that.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLIES


CAliChica - Thank you.  I started working out again and I've notice I do feel a bit better after the workout. 

Kat not Jas -Thanx. I do need to focus on things I do like about myself. I've been so focused on the stuff I don't like about me lately that I've forgotten to look for the positive. Thank you. 

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard when things on the inside are not right and only you see/feel them. If you had a physical diagnosis, then it would be so much easier for people to accept. Mental diagnosis are not as widely accepted or understood and neither is pain. I am sorry that your Dad isn't very understanding. I hope you find support from someone. Just know you are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents doesn't always knows what's best for you. They really don't. Listen to yourself.

    Love
    /S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry things are stressful. Parental pressure is always a tough one. It was for me big time growing up - and still is. But thankfully, since I live on my own now, I have been able to learn to set boundaries with them and it has helped a great deal in our relationship and we are slowly mending the past.

    Anyways... You know what's in your heart, what you can and can't do right now, and you just need to find that inner voice and try to listen and follow it. I KNOW it's hard to find that voice when there is so much static in your head -trust me - but it IS there.

    Try not to get too discouraged and keep working with that voc rehab and they will help you find something that will fit "you" and that will be good.

    sending prayers and strength your way ;)

    ReplyDelete