My Writings

Saturday, October 12, 2013

If you have had or have an Eating Disorder Please Help.

I have always wanted to write an article or paper of some kind to bring awareness about eating disorders, the eating disorders not just the two common ones people think of when they hear eating disorder. 
 
My points I would like to focus on are:

 
1. When & how did you get the disorder, what were the environmental triggers that brought on the eating disorder behaviors. 
2. Do you want to recover? If there is something that scares you about recovery what is it? 3. Have you ever been in recovery? 
4. What is and has been the hardest thing about having an eating disorder? 
5. What is or has been the hardest part of recovery? 
6. if there were/was/is something about eating disorders that you would want the public to be more aware about what would it be. 
7. If you could think of a way to make treatment for eating disorders more affordable, what would it be, in your opinion ?


These are my answers to the questions. 

1. From the time I can remember I have always obsessed over food. If my cousin was not going to finish her frosting off her cake I would eat it for her. I was never fat but I was never fit... I was somewhere in the in between until I hit high school. In high school my friends got on the cheer squad. They developed friendships I started to eat more. My mom noticed and would tell me to watch what I was eating so I could be more aware. My mom wanted me to be healthy but I would take what she said as an insult. It was not until I got off to college I would binge on food then not eat for a day. I got depressed and locked myself in my room. Then after college I had a friend who exploited our friendship. He touched me and stuff... I really turned to food after that.
2. I hate this binging its out of control, it controls me. I will go on a liquid fast and do good.... So I know I have control when I am fasting. Truth is I am scared to stop binging because I am scared of failure. As much as I hate myself and the way I look I find the fear more intense.
3. Never been in recovery.
4. Hating my appearance, being out of shape, feeling out of control, fear of what others think.
5. 
6. Eating Disorders come in all shapes and sizes.
7. Eating disorders tend to define who we are. So I would want every patient in treatment to find their talent (crochet, knit, paint, sing, dance or show off flexibility, share a poem or a short story, put on a little skit) and once every 6 months or so have an auction/talent show and a dinner the treatment center puts on for the public for a cost of like 10 dollars a ticket and the benefit can help the community to become more aware and the treatment center will use the money to help fund that treatment center.

No comments:

Post a Comment